Veterinary Assistance Programme
Confidential support service, free to veterinary professionals and their dependents.
- To promote positive mental health
- To provide support to veterinary professionals at times of need and
- To provide crisis response at times of extreme stress
The Programme is available to:
- Veterinary Professionals - (Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses)
that are employed,
self-employed or retired.
- Dependent family members over 16 years of age
- Freephone Counselling Helpline Emergency Helpline with professional, experienced counsellors answering the phone, 24 hours of every day.
- Face to Face Counselling Services Up to six free sessions with professional counsellors at a time and place convenient to the caller.
- Well-Net Dedicated, regularly updated, website providing a broad range of information on living, well-being, parenting, working and management issues.
- E-Mail - Contact a Counsellor The Well-Net provides a facility to contact a counsellor by e-mail and to request a return phone call at the time of the callerís choosing.
- Live Connect - Contact a Counsellor The Well-Net provides a facility to open up a live email dialogue with a counsellor.
- Information Service Access to a specialist information service from 8:00am to 10:00pm, Monday to Friday and from 9:00am to 5:00pm on other days with direct access to qualified and experienced information specialists supported by a network of Solicitors and Accountants.
How is it provided?
- Phone Republic of Ireland: 1800 995 955
- Weblink www.VetAP.ie
When can it be accessed?24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Where can it be accessed?
From your own home or from any location with a:
- Telephone or
- Computer with internet access.
The location of face to face counselling will be arranged according to the wishes of the client.